Wednesday 31 August 2016

WIP Wednesday

Today is my first day back at work after my holiday. Well that's not entirely true as I have actually worked 3 days during my holiday but then I knew the next day was back to holiday and so it didn't cause me any stress. Now it's back to the weekly grind. Don't get me wrong I love my job but I also love having a little more time to do the things I enjoy. By the end of my working day I hadn't really got very far. I had so many emails to deal with and some were quite complicated and took some sorting with. There was a ridiculous number of meetings to be put in the diary and of course the meetings require a lot of preparation. I haven't gone through all the emails yet. The day wasn't all hard work as my colleague came in with her 10 week old baby, so I had a lovely cuddle.


Isn't he a little cutie? This is the baby I made the last baby quilt for.


It's not just about starting back at work, we also start Rainbows, Brownies and Guides for the new term next week so this evening Lucy and I cleaned out our equipment cupboard and made a list of items we need to buy. We then went across the road to the pub and enjoyed a very tasty vegetarian burger and chips whilst we finalised the term's programme. 

By the time we got home it was almost 8.30 so I quickly set up my machine and managed to quilt another four of the blocks from the 9 patch quilt.


The quilting is very simple with straight lines being used to produce diamonds. The sashing will be quilted separately. I think I should be able to finish the quilting this weekend. There are 49 blocks in all and I think I've quilted half of them now.

Having done a lot of walking throughout August I found my number of steps is very low today so shortly I'm going to take the dog for a late walk and hopefully John will come too since it's nearly dark. Scamp will enjoy it as the evening is finally cooling down. I also found I didn't drink anywhere near enough over the day. So keeping up the walking and water intake are two issues I need to sort out on the days I'm working. I guess there are just too many things to remember. Tomorrow I'm interviewing in Ascot  and I'm travelling by train so I'm looking forward to the journey as I'm trying to catch up with some reading. I've actually managed to finish two books during August which helps towards one of my goals for the year which was to read at least a book a month. 

Lyndsey


No comments:

Post a Comment